Addiction therapy services are essential components of a client’s treatment plan. Without these services, clients would lack a stable foundation for recovery. Gateway Foundation Jacksonville is proud to provide these crucial services for each of our clients. Instead of making every client participate in the same therapies, we create individualized treatment plans based on the needs of each individual.
What is Dual Diagnosis?
Dual diagnosis is when a mental health disorder is present at the same time as an addiction or substance abuse disorder. The individual is struggling with two separate illnesses that need attention on their own for recovery.
The Need for Professional Help
A common misconception surrounding addiction is that the individual struggling can quit on their own. While only you can make the decision to end your substance abuse, professional help is a necessity.
Addiction isn’t merely the result of poor decision making or the wrong group of friends. For many who struggle with the disease, an underlying cause is often at play. Addiction therapy services can help unpack those factors while also teaching individuals how to cope healthily. Without this foundation, the cycle of addiction will continue.
A professional addiction treatment staff will facilitate these services to help keep clients on track and feel supported. Not only will they run therapy sessions, but they’ll also begin to build the support system each client needs both during and after treatment. Without this support system, clients are left at a higher risk for relapse after treatment. To give yourself the best chance at long-term recovery, look to the professionals at Gateway Foundation Jacksonville for help.
Common Mental Disorders That Occur Alongside Addiction
- Eating disorders
Types of Services
Treatment for addiction should never be one-size-fits-all. Addiction can affect anyone, which means clients enter our Jacksonville facility with a wide range of backgrounds, histories, and personal experiences. For this reason, we offer a range of addiction therapy services to provide help to each of our clients. These services include the following:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy– This therapy works to change negative patterns of thought and behavior. By changing these patterns, clients can have a more positive outlook on life and can make better decisions.
- Family Therapy– Addiction can cause major turmoil to your family. Family Therapy can help you to mend these broken relationships in a constructive and safe environment. A therapist can help you and your loved ones talk through your issues to reach a place of forgiveness, love, and understanding.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy– ACT stems from the idea of accepting situations instead of avoiding them or having them cause pain. This therapy helps clients become more self-aware and self-confident.
- Group Therapy– A group setting allows clients to interact with their peers constructively. As they build bonds with their peers and grow their support system, they also get to learn from their experiences as they move forward in treatment.
Addiction Therapy Services at Gateway Foundation Jacksonville
If you’re looking for help fighting addiction, look no further than Gateway Foundation Jacksonville. We pride ourselves on offering the full continuum of care Illinois residents need to reach lasting recovery. Along with our addiction therapy services, we also provide numerous programs. These include:
- Residential Treatment
- Partial Hospitalization Program
- Intensive Outpatient Program
- Outpatient Treatment
- Medicated-Assisted Treatment
It’s estimated that 40 million Americans are suffering from one of the many disorders that are classified as an anxiety disorder.
Elements of an Integrated Treatment Program
4 Treatment plan
5 Individual therapy
6 Group therapy
7 Family therapy
8 Aftercare plan
“I have worked as a mental health counselor at both nonprofit and for-profit centers, and what makes the difference in terms of client care is the staff. The Gateway staff is one of the best I have ever seen. They are professional, they hold professional credentials suitable to their jobs (always ask), and they truly care about their clients.”